IoT software refers to a kind of software that can be connected to hardware through a mobile phone app or computer software. With the development and popularity of Internet of Things technology, this kind of internet of things software has been gradually installed into our mobile phones. Today, we will choose some examples that are close to our life to study together.
1. What is IoT software?
RFID middleware is the core and soul of the IoT software system to solve the distributed heterogeneous problem. What is the concept of middleware? Middleware is basic software, which is applied to distributed systems. The middleware evolves with the development of the distributed system.
2. What is the role of IoT software
“Internet of Things” is an instance of distributed heterogeneously. A huge software system of the Internet of Things needs the support of various intelligent terminals. RFID is a powerful technology for the Internet of Things to transmit information, and its RFID middleware can effectively support this function. RFID middleware takes on the task of data conversion and transmission between RFID hardware and IoT applications, isolates the data layer and application layer, and realizes data permeability between different applications, improving the flexibility and maintainability of IoT systems. It has been well applied on PC or servers, but it still doesn’t have a systematic implementation on intelligent terminals yet.
RFID middleware has played an important role in IoT standardization works. For IoT software development and the application of intelligent terminals, the impact and role of RFID middleware far exceed the operating system and network services. The program interface of RFID middleware has a stable high-level application environment. This helps to protect the enterprise’s significant investment in the development and maintenance of IoT applications and software, conducive to the development of rich and practical IoT software.
With the development of Internet of Things technology, RFID middleware is mainly divided into application middleware, architecture middleware, and solution middleware. The application middleware mainly controls the reader through the driver to read the RFID tag data, which has a high degree of coupling with the hardware and poor sharing.
Middleware, an IoT solution based on a middleware platform, provides customized IoT software and hardware according to user requirements. Architecture middleware is a re-configurable general RFID middleware, which can provide a flexible data interface to the application layer for different hardware devices, and complete data collection, filtering, maintenance, management, and other functions.
3. Which software is best for IoT?
From the professional term, IoT development is based on the Internet and communications network, to connect daily supplies, facilities, equipment, and vehicles with smart devices. For example, using sensors, communications network modules, software, and control systems to connect the equipment with computer clouds, enables them to interact with each other. Most ordinary people only know about the Internet. The Internet of things, just from the first word can be seen, by connecting an object to the network, the information of the actual object can be effectively converted. As we often see now, smart homes, smart light control, smart city, smart medical care, smart campus, etc. are all IoT development technologies. Of course, most IoT development technologies still require manual operation. In the Internet age, The development of Internet of Things technology will become the main business model that will gradually expand to semi-automation and full intelligence.
Secondly, in terms of practical application, the development of the Internet of Things has played an important role and made breakthroughs in the industrial revolution, such as the following:
01. Reduce hardware cost
It’s no secret that hardware cost has been an issue for years in every industry. The emergence of the development technology of the Internet of Things simplifies the demand of enterprises for sensors and various hardware devices, thereby alleviating the hardware cost and labor cost, indirectly contributing to the overall reduction of industrial implementation costs. It even completely replaces labor in certain situations.
02. Cost-effective analysis tools
Analysis tools are important to the factory, at present, the majority of enterprises choose sensor manufacturers to provide software analysis tools. No matter in any form or a free trial, we can see through these tools, running to get data from multiple sensors to work, and then according to the construction algorithm to predict and monitor the real-time scene, making the Internet of things to the ideal value.
03. Affordable cloud services
Cloud services can reduce the burden of storage space for enterprises, but because of the limited amount of storage, it is often necessary to pay for additional services. However, in the development of the Internet of Things, connecting hardware through communication modules, handheld mobile devices, and obtaining data through cloud-based services can greatly improve the industry’s utilization of cloud services. It can also open up different paths and data lines by combining with real-time data.
4. What are the benefits of IoT software
Firstly, it means the core of the Internet of Things is still the Internet, which is extended and expanded based on the Internet.
Secondly, its user extends things to things level for information exchange and communication.
5. Types of the IoT Software Platform
● Industrial applications: Product equipment management; Energy management; Industrial safety and production management.
● Applications in the field of agriculture: Collection and control of greenhouse environmental information; Control and management of water-saving irrigation; Environmental information and monitoring of animal and plant information.
● Applications in the field of smart home: The integration of home intelligence, community intelligence, and city, becomes a truly broad intelligent control network.
● Applications in the medical field: Integrated healthcare platform; Electronic health record system
● Applications in the urban security field: Centrally monitor and manage urban security in a unified manner
● Application in the field of environmental monitoring: It mainly implements continuous and remote monitoring of water quality through automatic monitoring of surface water quality
● Applications in the field of Intelligent Transportation: Wireless video surveillance platform of the bus industry; Intelligent bus station; Electronic ticketing and vehicle management experts and bus mobile phone “One-card”.
● Applications in logistics: Supply chain networks optimization; Supply chain visualization.
● Applications in the field of smart campus: E-wallet identification and banking.
6. The world’s most popular IoT Software Development Company
● Google Cloud Platform
● IRI Voracity
● IBM Watson IoT
● Amazon AWS IoT Core
● Microsoft Azure IoT Suite
● Oracle IoT
● Cisco IoT Cloud Connect